2018 Annual Cactus Intertie Meeting
March 3rd, 2018
Hotel reservations may be online by clicking here!
The 2018 Cactus Intertie System will be held on Saturday, March 3rd, 2018 at the Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport in Tuscon, AZ. The Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport is located at 6575 South Country Club Road, about two blocks from Tucson International Airport (TUS). You may make reservations at the hotel using the link above. A block of rooms has been reserved for February 28, 2018 - March 4, 2018. The special room rate will be available until February 5th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
Address: 6575 South Country Club Road Tucson, Arizona 85756
For those people that will be using commercial airline transportation to the meeting, you should fly into Tucson International Airport (TUS).
NOTE ABOUT MOTORHOMES:
There is limited parking space for Motor Homes. For those who come and don’t want to dry camp, we are in negotiations with the local KOA about a mile away to get some type of discount. Questions regarding the meeting or motorhome parking may be sent to W7JL (John Lanza) (CARBA).
Friday afternoon there will be a Cactus Intertie System Training session held at the hotel at 4:00 pm. The doors will open at 3PM to allow people time to get in, buy a manual, and get seated.
A Banquet dinner will be served on Saturday evening at a cost of $40 per person inclusive of tax and gratuity. Entree options include chicken, beef, fish, or vegetarian with salad and deserts also included.
2018 Cactus Meeting Swap Table Information!
This is your opportunity to bring out some of that junk that's been collecting in the garage, on the workbench, or the kitchen table. Now's the time to root around and find a few items to bring along! Turn it into cash, or perhaps trade with another member for something more useful! Looking for something obscure? In need of a new project? Who knows! It might just be sitting on the Swap Table!
Rules are simple:
- Items must be of an amateur or commercial radio nature. No computer junk, 11 meter rigs, etc.
- Small to medium sized items only, please. We simply can't handle your quarter-kW MICOR's.
- Please conduct swap table deals before and after the meeting, during breaks and during lunch so as to not detract from the meeting.
- The CII and its affiliates cannot be held liable for swap table activities, you buy, sell and trade at your own risk.
- Items must be clearly marked with your asking price, name and call sign so people know what you want for it, and who to talk to about it.
- Unsold items are the responsibility of the seller to remove if they aren't sold by the end of meeting activities (after dinner). Abandoned items become the property of Cactus Intertie, Incorporated.
- Fun must be had with the swap table activity!
Cactus Intertie, Inc. encourages everyone attending the meeting to participate in this activity. The more the merrier! We will have a couple of tables set up at the meeting for you to place your items on or under. If you have questions or need help, feel free to ask Chris Baldwin/KF6AJM or any of the other meeting staff for assistance. We look forward to your participation!